A Day at Henley

09:00:00


This week is the biggest event of the rowing calendar - Henley Royal Regatta. It's essentially Royal Ascot for rowers, with the posh frocks, the bottles of Prosecco, and (hopefully) the sunshine. Last week was the girls-only version on Henley Royal, aptly named Henley Women's Regatta, and I was lucky enough to be taking part in the racing. I spent the Friday racing in my crew, but spent the Saturday in a bit more of a relaxed fashion, chilling out next to the river in the steaming heat. 


I didn't take many photos of the rowing - think I was a little bit distracted by the Pimms and sunbathing - but I had a fab weekend, and it was lovely to get away for a couple of days. And it was a little bit of an emotional day too - this was my last race with Bournemouth University, and, coincidentally, I raced in the same boat that I rowed my first race in. How lovely is that! 

Are you heading to Henley this week?
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe