Winter Make Up Look | Blogmas Day 2

18:00:00


At this point last year I was enjoying wearing a pink lipstick with rosey cheeks (and a lot of pouting apparently... my, how I've grown up... ahem!). For my Winter make-up this year, I've gone with a more natural, frosty look. Think snow angel or ice queen style, mainly to match the pink-tinged hair a little better. Here's how to get the look... 


First, I do the usual base routine, using my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Vanilla. I spread it over my face evenly using a Real Technique brush. This is the part I always do first, rather than concealer, mainly out of habit. 

Next, I use concealer under my eyes, usually on my chin, and on any other blemishes I may have at the time, and blend it in using another Real Techniques brush. The concealer I used for this look was the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory.


Next, my eyebrows. I use my usual Rimmel Brow This Way palette in Medium Brown to first brush my eyebrows into the shape I want, and then to colour them in a little with the cream.


For my eyes I use my MUA Romantic Efflorescence palette. I start by using a layer of Mesmeric across the whole of my eyelids and up to my eyebrow.


Next I use Reveal across the lid, and blending slightly up towards the eyelid again.


And finally for the eyeshadow, I use Bewitch to shade the corners of my eyelids and blend in with the other shades.


Next, I use my Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner to draw a line across my eyelid, and add a slight flick at the end... but I don't do too much of a flick for my daytime look... I can't pull it off!


Next, my cheeks. I can't really say I'm any good at contouring, but I like to add bronzer to the edges of my cheeks under the cheek bones, a little blusher on the cheek bones (but only a little for this look), and highlighter under my eyes. I used my Rimmel Kate Contour Palette, which is great for this look because the highlighter has a slight shimmer to it.


I've started saving my mascara until after I've done my 'contouring', just in case any of the powder goes on my eyelashes. I used my Collection Fast Stroke Defining Lash, the waterproof version, just on my top lashes and the edges of my bottom lashes. 


And finally, my lips. For this look I went for a nude look. This is my Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Nude Delight.


To add a bit of a wintery shine, I pop a layer of Vaseline over the lipstick. 


And there you go, my Winter make up look for 2016. I think it goes so well with a bobble hat and a cosy woolly scarf. At some point I'll be uploading a Christmas party look as well, with added sparkles and lipstick! 

Happy Friday, 
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram

Subscribe