The Chocolate Fondue Incident...


A few nights ago, Elle and I decided that, rather than go to the house party we'd been invited to, we'd stay in and treat ourselves... to a chocolate fondue! The story of how we came to have the fondue is that it was a Christmas present from my dad a few years ago, but it takes 700g of chocolate at a time, and, although I could give it a good try, I don't think there's any way I could eat 700 whole grams of chocolate in one sitting. So, now seemed like the perfect time. But this isn't the cute, chocolate fondue post that I was hoping for... 

We set up the chocolate fondue in our living room, and melted the chocolate in the microwave with 3/4 cup of oil, and stirred it to make sure it was all smooth.... this is where we went wrong. We learnt the hard way how important it is to have patience, and read instructions properly! Ten minutes later, Elle and I, sat on the floor next to the chocolate fondue, casually dipping marshmallows, when suddenly there's a chocolate explosion, and we're both covered in hot chocolate!

 There's chocolate on the floor, up the walls, on the pumpkins we had for Halloween... it's everywhere! It was one of the funniest things ever, just me and Elle sat in all this chocolate, laughing our heads off. So, we laughed it off, finished off the marshmallows, got the mop out, and put the washing machine on. Not your average Friday night then...

It's not all bad though. I did have left over chocolate fondue mix after I got back from rowing this morning. 

Hopefully next Friday is a bit more TGIF, 

You Might Also Like


Popular Posts


Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images