Autumn Make-Up Look - Berry Lipstick

17:49:00


I've been housebound, feeling down with tonsillitus for the last few days (just my luck!), so today I thought I'd give myself a little make-up tutorial, to make me feel all nice and girly again. Berry lipstick and Autumn go together like digestives and Earl Grey, but it's sometimes hard to have the confidence to pull off such a dark lipstick. This is the look I'm going for when I muster up the courage...


I always start with foundation. I know a lot of tutorials always do the concealer first, but this is just the way I started doing it when I was teaching myself how to put on makeup and it's just kind of stuck. Today I used the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Vanilla, and a Real Techniques brush to apply. 


Next, I applied my concealer. I used Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory, just dabbing a few blobs under my eyes and on my chin, where I have a few spots beginning to show their faces at the moment. I then blended it in using another Real Techniques brush. 


Next, I moved on to my eyebrows. My eyebrows are so big and bushy at the moment, and I've been feeling lazy, so they're kind of doing their own thing. To try and tame them a little I used my Rimmel Brow This Way palette in Medium Brown. First, I used the little brush that comes with the palette to brush out my eyebrows and mould them into a shape that I want, then I use the palette to colour them in. 


 To start my eyes, I layered a base of 'Bewitch' from my MUA Eyeshadow Palette (it's the Romantic Efflorescence palette). I covered my whole eyelid, then used my finger to gentle smudge it at the edge of my eye, towards my eyebrows. 


Next, I apply my eyeliner, creating little subtle wings at the edges. For this look I used my Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner. 


To finish my eyes, I added mascara, of course! I've recently started using the Collection Fast Stroke Defining Last, the waterproof version (v. important for a rower!). 


 On my cheeks I use my Rimmel Kate Contour Palette - it's amazing, you get your bronzer, blusher and highlighter all on one palette, and it's the best I've found so far. First I use the bronzer along my cheek bones, but only on the edges of my face (so not as far as my nose or mouth). Then, I add a little blusher to where I've put the bronzer, to give it a rosy glow.
 

Lastly from the palette, I use the highlighter. I pop it on my cheeks under my eyes, and up my nose onto my forehead slightly. 
 

And finally! The lipstick!


Because it's such a dark shade, I like to apply a base layer of it using a lipstick brush, just outlining my lips and adding a little colour from it, and then I apply it properly on top of this after. This shade is from Collection, and it's called Gothic Glam Seduction. And I love it!


 And that's my Autumn look complete! I love the warmth of this make up look, it adds such a warm glow to cold, chilly Autumn.

More posts to come this week, so sit tight, and I hope you're having a lovely Sunday, 
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram

Subscribe