Porcupines, Bat Poo, and a War-Horse Lion

22:40:00


A while ago (a year ago, in fact!) I wrote a little Longleat post (see it here...), mainly about how I could remove Lorikeet poo from my coat. This week, my dad was off from work and I had a day off too, so we packed a picnic and headed back to Longleat for another day out. At the moment, Longleat is celebrating their 50 year anniversary of having lions, so everyday there's a parade through the park with dancers, floats, mascots, and a lion puppet made by the same people who made the horses for the War Horse play. It was amazing, definitely worth waiting all day for!


We skipped the safari and the boat ride, we'd done them last year and the queues were huge. But we squeezed in all our favourites, the butterfly house and smaller animals. I love seeing the little animals, they're all so cute (except the snakes, they don't do it for me at all!). 


I love the butterfly house. It's lovely and warm, and the butterflies are beautiful. We also went in the bat cave... and to explain this post title, a bat pooed on my dad, and it was the funniest part of the day... for me, not so much for him!

After a day out, I'm sat at home now catching up with all the Olympics, primarily the rowing (Go on Team GB!). The blog is a bit on the quiet front this week, I'm still getting back into working ten hour days and coming home knackered out, so hopefully I'll be back on it soon! 

Until next time,
xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Very beautiful creature. Nice shots too.
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram

Subscribe