WEHORR Weekend

21:48:00

I tried to work out how many hours sleep I'd had so far this weekend earlier, and it worked out to be about five. Five hours, and I am pretty sure I've never felt more exhausted! I am sleeeeeepyyy! Even the Earl Grey isn't helping to refresh me today!


So, those of you in the rowing world will know that this weekend was one of the biggest there is for the sport, but for those of you who don't know I'll explain a little bit more....

On Friday evening, Bournemouth Uni Boat Club packed all our boats on the trailer, stocked up on pasta, and headed home for a good night's sleep. Saturday, I was getting up at half past five in the morning to get my race kit on and get ready for my lift to WEHORR. 


WEHORR is Women's Eight's Head of the River Race, and it's one of the biggest women-only sports events in the UK, and probably the world. It's such an amazing event, but it is exhausting. It's 7k long, and follows the same route as the Oxford v Cambridge Boat Race, except we row it the opposite way - so their finish line is our start line. 


We had an amazing row, we beat our result from last year, and it was just so much fun. I was so pleased :) I didn't have a chance to take many photos. 


We headed back to Bournemouth for the traditional after-race social. This time it was a house party, so a nice cheap option for us students ;) I drank far too much Malibu and went home far too late - I ended up not crawling into my bed until about 5am... I still managed to make a hot water bottle though, so I always thank myself when I wake up in the morning. 

Our boats needed to be put back in the boat house today, so it was an early(ish) start for us... although, I automatically woke up at 7am, which was annoying, but better than oversleeping... I think. I get the boats sorted with the crew and a bacon sandwich, and headed home. I felt grim! All the Malibu was really not the one! 


I spent the rest of the day under my blanket on the sofa, napping. Until dinner time, when I managed to wake up long enough to cook myself a Sausage Sunday Roast (sorry for the blurry photo!). I keep meaning to share the recipe that I use, but by the time I've cooked it, it's eaten and I just about ready for bed! 


My plan for the rest of the evening is to curl up in bed, again with my hot water bottle (life saver!), watch some YouTube, and probably nod off at some point. 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, hopefully with more sleep than I had, 
xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That looks like an exciting time! This sport looks like a lot of fun! Hope you get some rest now!
    Great pictures btw!
    http://dmdmagazine.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, so exhausting, but worth it for the fun :) Thank you, think I'm still catching up!

      Delete

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe