February Favourites and a Mini Instagram Catch Up

22:37:00

I have the morning off tomorrow for the first time in ages, and yet I'm still in bed by half nine. It's a crazy life, this student living :D

I always finish the month off with an Instagram catch up, but this month I didn't really upload enough photos to fill up a post. So, this is a mixture of a catch up and a Favourites post. I've not done a Favourites post before, and I'm not sure I'll do one again, but I thought I'd give it a go. So here we go...

Instagram Catch Up


I Bought a Smoothie Maker
This photo has been in a previous blog post, but this was the slightly edited Instagram photo. I love my smoothie maker, I've been having a smoothie a day so far, and I have lot's of recipes ready to share with you all, once I get them how I like them.

 
Sprinkles Trip
I don't know if everywhere has these, but in Bournemouth we has an ice-cream and waffle parlour, called Sprinkles. We'd had our midplacement seminar and decided to treat ourselves to a Sprinkles trip afterwards. This is the Marshmallow Dream waffle, with chocolate sauce, sprinkles, sugar letter things, mini marshmallows, and cream on the side. Mmmm, mmm!
 
February Favourites

So, like I said, this is my first time doing one of these posts, and I wasn't really sure what it involved too much, so I've just grouped together a few bits and bobs that I loved in February. 


First, I've been using my VO5 Plump It Up Amplifying Blow Dry Lotion every time after I wash my hair. I don't use a lot of heat on my hair, the only thing I really ever do to it is wash it, blow dry it, and tie it up when I sleep. 


This lotion really gives my hair some volume, and I've noticed a difference since I've started using it. Plus I like it better than the mousse I used to use because it doesn't make my hair feel sticky or crispy.  


This candle has appeared in so many of my posts this month, usually in the background or set of photos for other things. I thought it was time it had its own mention. 
 

I bought this from New Look and showed it in my Salisbury Haul. It smells so yummy, it's been the perfect scent for that time between Winter and Spring, when you're fed up of cinnamon and gingerbread, but not quite ready for floral smells. 

Plus, the jar is pretty, so I'm going to use it for something after the candle is done... not sure what yet though, bear with. 
 

I've been reading the James Bond book, "Live and Let Die". I've been reading it for ages now, it's really good, but I just don't get the time to read at the moment, and when I finally do I've usually forgotten what's happened and I have to start again. 
 

I'm going to start trying to make more of an effort to read a bit a day this month. I used to get through books so fast, so it'd be nice to carry on with the James Bond series. 
 

Hot chocolates have been my go to this month. It's very chilly in our student house, so snuggling up with a hot chocolate is just the job. 
 

I made one for myself tonight while I wrote this post, completely forgot about it, and ended up with the most dissapointing cold-hot chocolate. I then downed it and gave myself a tummy ache. Classic Katy. 
 

Another saviour has been my hot water bottle. I'm pretty sure I've had a hot water bottle in bed every night this month, and I'm all snuggled up with one right now. It's so huggable too. 


I follow Madeline Shaw on Instagram, and finally caved at the start of the month and bought her book, "Get the Glow". 
 

It's really good, it's not just recipes, it's got advice for exercising and all sorts of little tips and tricks in there too. I haven't tried anything from it yet, but I've looked at the photos in it a lot, so fingers crossed for this month! 

And that's it for my first Favourites post. As I said, I'm not sure if I'll make this an ongoing theme, I think I'll just see how I feel at the end of each month. I've got some exciting blog posts planned now that I'm feeling better, so hopefully I should be back on it this week! 

Go team! ;)
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram

Subscribe