My Favourite Breakfast Smoothie

20:20:00

I got a smoothie maker this week, and I am so excited! I had never thought to buy one before... in fact before this week I'd never even tried a smoothie. But I saw a Breville Blend-Active for £20 and I thought, hey, why not?


So I treated myself to the smoothie maker, bought a ton of frozen fruit, and I'm ready to go! Like, honestly, my freezer drawer (that student life, eh?) is full of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, red currants - you name a berry, I've probably got it in frozen-form right now. 

I've been experimenting, and I've worked out that I have a long way to go until I can make the perfect smoothie... however, I got frighteningly close with today's concoction. I made a 'Breakfast Energy Smoothie', as I found on Pinterest. And it was so yummy, I thought I'd share it with you guys :) 


This recipe was in 'cups', which I didn't really understand, so I used pint measurements. I put in 1/2 pint of orange juice, 1/4 pint of vanilla yogurt, 1/4 pint of frozen summer fruits, and added 1/4 pint of frozen raspberries (the original recipe didn't say to put the raspberries in, but I just really like raspberries!).
 

Before I started my smoothie-making bonanza, I did a little bit of research to see what to do. I found a bit of advice that said it's best to add the liquid ingredients to the blender first, then work through to the solids - so I put in the orange juice first, then the yogurt, and finally the berries. 
 
 
 

It already looks yummy, before it's even blended! :) 
 

Mmmm, mmm!
 

I blended it for about 20 seconds until it was smooth and all the fruit was mushed up. I usually take the bottle off the blender halfway through, give it a mix with a long spoon and scrape the sides, then blend it for the rest of the time, just to make sure there's no stowaway berries!
 

Look at that colour! It even looks like it'll be good for you. 
 

And voila! It's fruity, the frozen berries make it refreshing, and it goes super well with the green lid on my bottle ;)

If you know of any yummy smoothie recipes, pass them on, and I'll give 'em a go! 

Until next time,
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram

Subscribe