My Weekday Work Lunches

22:30:00

It's been another tough week folks, another bunch of busy times, things to get done, and to do lists to tick off. But it's been a goodun, and we've made it to Friday. Well done!


A part of my week was healthy eating. I've gotten back into our rowing training now, and I decided to treat myself to the Lean in 15 cookbook from Joe Wicks (I really recommend you buy this, it's amazing!), so I was in full on work lunch mode! Some days I failed a little ... some days I did downright terribly! But I actually had a decent, filling lunch everyday, which is something for me. 

So I thought I'd share what I had with you guys. This isn't recipes as such, but just a few little ideas, I guess. 

 
Monday - Chicken Curry Leftovers
There's going to be a lot of leftovers on this menu... having them for lunch the next day just uses it up nicely, and it's still fresh enough to be tasty. 


You can get the recipe for this Chicken Tikka Masala in my Sunday post. It's super tasty, and not overly unhealthy either. I used a Tilda Pilau Rice sachet with this, which meant I could have it hot. Mmmm, mmm!



Tuesday - Honey and Sesame Seed Chicken Leftovers

This is a Lean in 15 meal, but from Joe's instagram account rather than the book. It's so yummy, I tried this once, thinking I was being too ambitious for my fussy taste, but I have this now at least once a week, and it's delightfully delightful! 

I use whatever veggies I have in the fridge, this week it was carrots, broccoli and onion. I used an Uncle Ben's Golden Vegetable rice sachet with it too, which worked pretty well, I have to say. 



Wednesday - Chilli and Garlic Rice Leftovers

This was a meal pack from Old El Paso. It was really easy to make on the night - it's a one-pan recipe, so you just shove all the ingredients in one pan and let it do it's stuff. 

I was really paranoid about reheating this... I've heard so many mixed reviews on whether you should reheat rice or not... so I ate it cold. And it was still just as yummy! 



Thursday - Chip Butty

Not leftovers! But this is where the healthy eating really flew out the window. 

I had a day working from home, so I treated myself to a chip butty at lunch time. I love a good chip butty. My technique (and I know everyone has their own) is to only butter the bottom half of the bread, layer the buttered bit in chips, then fold the bread over. My mouth is literally watering right now!


Friday - Cold Potatoes, Veggies and Cous cous

I tried cous cous for the first time this week - and it's become my new little obsession. I pazzazzed it up a little with some Sainsburys Hot Piri Piri Chicken Flakes, which was yum! Then I had some cold veggies and potatoes that I'd cooked up the night before. I had mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and mangetout. Very healthy... almost makes up for the chip butty? 

And that was my lunch this week. My aim now is to carry on with this, so I don't have to waste money on expensive pot noodles and things from the shop next door. Be strong, Katy, be strong! 

Hope you have a lovely Friday night, whatever you're up to, 
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe